Job Shadowing Training for female researchers
This program supports the “Job Shadowing Training” for female researchers who are highly motivated toward career advancement in academia. The applicant (hereinafter referred to as “mentee”) is expected to “shadow” the female researcher of higher career level (hereinafter referred to as “mentor”) to gain experience and insight into the role of a certain level of researchers. Through this training program, we aim to broaden the participation of female researchers in PI position and university management.
Shadowing is the training program where the mentee can accompany and observe your mentor’s daily work and see her communication and decision making of various levels to know the skills and cord of conduct of higher position.
Expected effects of the training
Mentee is expected to acquire knowledges as below by shadowing training.
- Communication skills with the colleagues and students and various university staffs.
- Knowledge and skills about management works at university.
- Reality of launching, promoting and advancement of collaborative research.
- Examples of research and project management
- Self-management of female researcher in higher position
Also, mentee can expand your network through your mentor.
Examples of “Shadowing”
- Observing/attending the conferences, faculty meetings and so on that mentor attends.
- Discussion with students at mentor’s laboratory on various themes.
- Meeting on the collaborative research
- Presentation practice of the doctoral dissertation
- Lectures to the graduate student (Mentee provides lecture)
- Mentee stays mentor’s office and observes daily communication.
- One-on-One direct meeting (mentoring session)
This is a list of those who explained the purpose in advance from us and were willing to become a mentor if there is an application.